Taking a tour of the uninhabited Bamboo Island (aka Koh Mai Phai) in Krabi, Thailand is a truly wonderful way to spend a day. Located 5 kilometers north of Phi Phi Don, this idyllic tropical paradise is part of the Phi Phi Island archipelago. Only a 45-minute boat ride from Krabi, Bamboo Island is a flat evergreen expanse of beautiful white sands.
Bamboo Island Tour Highlights
Even though the island is small, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy all day.
- A walk around the entire island takes approximately thirty minutes. It is a stunning stroll. You’ll be surrounded by a vast variety of fauna, and the lovely turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea.
- Relax, read and sunbathe on its beautiful beaches.
- Go swimming and snorkeling. The island’s beautiful marine life is only 50 meters from the beach. You’ll be able to see beautiful colored coral reefs, and many colorful fish, such as sea fans and maybe even a (harmless, if you don’t touch it) leopard shark.
- The sheltered bays make diving very desirable. There the currents are weak, visibility is high, and the water is warm.
- Have a lunch on the beach, while sipping your favorite beverage.
What to Bring for a Tour of Bamboo Island
When planning to swim, walk, and or snorkel when touring Bamboo Island, you should bring the following items:
- Flip flops
As there is no pier, you might have to wade in a few inches of water to get to the beach, so you might want to wear shorts or your bathing suit.
How to Get to Bamboo Island in Krabi, Thailand
Krabi Riviera Villas in Krabi, Thailand, a luxury villa rental and management company, offers all types of excursions, including a tour of Bamboo Island. They use only the most reputable English-speaking tour operators in the area. Equipment is part of the tour package and includes snorkeling equipment, masks and life jackets. Lunch, soft drinks and fruits are also provided. In addition, the cost covers the speedboat ride to the island, the national park entrance fee and transportation to and from your departure point.
Krabi Riviera Villas are well known for their unique architecture, ranging from contemporary to classical Thai, their privacy, their luxurious spacious interiors, and secure beautiful landscaped gardens. Guests can choose a villa for two people or twelve people, situated on a private beach or in a quiet residential neighborhood. Most villas have their own private saltwater pool.
Amenities include Wi-Fi Internet access, international cable TV, DVD players, barbeque area and equipment, and en-suite bathrooms. Private chefs and masseuses are available upon request and provide services in the rental villa.
For more information about this or other excursions, please call: +66 75 695 633 or +66 84 154 0808, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the luxury villas offered by Krabi Riviera Co., check out their website at www.KrabiVillas.com.